We welcome everyone to use the Bigelow Free Public Library. We welcome the opportunity to support you in your research, information, and entertainment needs. However, there is a level of expected behavior acceptable in a public place.
This policy allows the Library to provide an enjoyable and safe environment where patrons can fully benefit from and utilize the Library’s resources and services. We expect patrons to behave responsibly, respectfully, and with consideration for others:
- Dress appropriately for a public place. Shoes and shirts must be worn. Personal hygiene should be sufficient as to not offend others.
- Behave appropriately for a public building.
- Treat public property with care. Stealing or vandalizing any property of the Library is not allowed.
- Disruptive behavior that hinders others from fully enjoying the Library will not be tolerated.
- Treat other patrons and staff with courtesy. Rude behavior will not be tolerated.
- Possession or the use of alcohol or illegal drugs are not permitted.
- For the comfort of all patrons, pets, except service animals, are not allowed in the Library.
- Patrons are expected not to be in the library without permission or when the library is closed. Camping or trespassing on the grounds is prohibited
- Soliciting and panhandling are prohibited.
- Appropriate supervision of young children should be provided by their caregivers. Children under ten must not be left unattended in the library.
The library staff reserves the right to ask a patron to leave if any of the above is not honored. Anyone who witnesses inappropriate behavior should report the behavior to a staff member immediately.
Update approved by board 5/2023