The Bigelow Free Public Library is a member of CW MARS (Central/Western Massachusetts Automated Resource Sharing, Inc.), which is a library consortium dedicated to resource sharing and access to information. The network includes public and academic libraries from 495 to the New York State line, with more than 8.5 million physical items and eBooks available to borrow by Massachusetts residents.
To apply for a library card, you will need a photo ID with your current address or a photo ID and a piece of official mail (i.e. a bill) with your current address.
Download the CW MARS app
CW MARS Libraries gives you access to the shared library catalog for all CW MARS member libraries in Central and Western Massachusetts. To use this app, you must have a library card from CW MARS member library, and know your password. If you do not know your password, or need a library card, please contact us at 978-365-4160.
To log into your account:
- Go to the login page in the online catalog.
- Enter the barcode that appears on the back of your CW MARS library card in the username field (without using any spaces).
- Enter your password/PIN in the password field. (Library cards from the Bigelow Free Public Library have a default PIN of the last four digits of the phone number you provided when you registered for a library card). If you cannot remember your PIN, or are having trouble signing in, please call us at 978-365-4160.
- Click on the “Log in” button located below the username and password fields.
Once you are logged in to your account, you can:
- View your account details:
– Account expiration date (Library cards expire every two years. At this time, you must visit the library to allow staff to validate your information and renew for an additional two years)
– Items currently checked out, on hold or ready for pickup
- Edit your preferences:
– Add/update your email address
– Choose how you prefer to be notified when a requested item is ready for pickup (receive a phone call, an email, and/or a text)
– View/edit your search preferences
– View/edit your account history
– View/edit your pickup location (choose which library you would like to pickup a requested item)
– View/edit your ‘My List’ preferences
– Renew items you currently have out
– Request items you would like to borrow
– Can I renew my books online?
– Can I request books online, to be delivered to my home library?
– How do I renew my account?
– How do I log into my account?
If you have any further questions, please call us at 978-365-4160.