Lending & Circulation Policy
Bigelow Free Public Library
- Books may be borrowed for three weeks with the option to renew.
- Books may be loaned to other libraries through the C/W MARS network.
- Reference books do not circulate, but patrons are free to read them in the library.
- Books from the Historical collection do not circulate.
DVDs & Video games
- Families may borrow up to ten(10) DVDs at a time, but only five(5) new.
- DVD and video games may be borrowed for up to one week with the option to renew.
- DVD series may be borrowed for up to three weeks with the option to renew.
- DVDs may be loaned to other libraries through the C/W MARS network.
- DVDs and video games must be returned inside the library. They may be damaged if dropped in the book drop.
- Software may be borrowed for up to three weeks.
- Software may be loaned to other libraries through the C/W MARS network.
- Software must be returned inside the library.
Fines & Lost Items
- The Bigelow Free Public Library does not charge fines for late items.
- The library can collect fines for overdue items from other libraries.
- Items more than 30 days late will result in an overdue notice being sent to the patron.
- Fines in excess of $9.99 will result in the loss of borrowing privileges.
- Lost or damaged items are the responsibility of the borrower and must be paid for in full. There are no refunds, once an item is paid for.
The Bigelow Free Public Library currently does not charge overdue fees. But the library does encourage donations. With C/W MARS full membership, overdue notices are generated regularly and patrons with email addresses will receive notifications of items due.
Revised December 2014, awaiting Trustee approval